A Cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or his or her computer and, depending on the information contained in it and the way in which it uses its equipment, may be used to recognize the user.
Cookies are essential for the operation of the internet, providing innumerable advantages in the provision of interactive services, facilitating the navigation and usability of our website. The information we provide below will help you understand the different types of cookies:
Types of Cookies by the entity that manages them
- Own Cookies: These are those that are collected by the publisher itself to provide the service requested by the user.
- Third party cookies: These are those that are collected and managed by a third party, these can not be considered own.
Types of Cookies according to the length of time they remain activated
- Session cookies: Collect data as the user browses the network for the purpose of providing the requested service.
- Persistent cookies: These are stored in the terminal and the information obtained will be used by the person responsible for the cookie in order to provide the requested service.
Types of Cookies according to their purpose
- Technical Cookies: These are the ones required for proper web browsing.
- Personalization Cookies: Allow the user the characteristics (language) for browsing the website.
- Analysis Cookies: Allow the provider to analyze the navigation carried out by the user, in order to track the use of the website, as well as perform statistics of the most Visited, number of visitors, etc.
- Advertising cookies: Allow the publisher to include advertising space on the web, depending on the content of the website itself.
- Behavioral Advertising Cookies: Allow the publisher to include ad space on the website based on information gained through the user’s browsing habits.
Adaptation to the LSSI-CE
According to the provisions of article 22.2 of Spanish Law 34/2002, of July 11, on Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce (LSSI-CE), Mediwords On our website:
- 1 own cookie , to customize the language (select the language according to the source of the IP).
- 1 third party cookie , session, for analysis purposes (Google Analytics cookie).
Mediwords informs the user that he has the possibility to configure his browser so that he is informed of the reception of cookies, and he can, if he wishes, prevent them from being installed on his hard disk.
Here we provide the links of various browsers, through which you can make these settings: